Thursday 27 October 2016

Would you survive? Reflection

So Today I have completed my work from yesterday which was about an article call Would You Survive?? and the article is by Kayla Prendergast. I find this article very interesting and  hope you enjoy what I had put together. 



WALT: write a reflection including your answers to the questions at the end of the article.


Today I have read a  article called Would You Survive by Kayla Prendergast. And this article is about a school named  St Paul’s Collegiate, that has a camp which happens twice a year where a group of 14 year old year 10 boys go on a five month camp with any technology with them or devices, Whether You bring your devices or not there is no service. The camp is basically in the middle of know and is surrounded by native bush, mountains, and tussock, with no civilization in sight. 


And during their time at the camp they would have to do there own dishes, and will have to clean their own laundry.(things most kids like us don’t do). Also something in the camp were banned including devices, extra food, aerosol cans(spray on deodorant), pocket knives, even alarm clocks!I think the main idea of this article is to young people like myself off their devices, get them outside, and to teach them essential life skills. 



This article is taken places literally in the middle of nowhere, But the location is in . And the surround of where their camp has native bush, mountains, tussock and the camp itself. Not including civilization.



If I were to participate in the challenge of having to go on a camp in the middle of nowhere and having to stay outside with no devices allowed I think I would survive because i’m normally outside and about hanging out with friends and running around outside and when i’m not outside, I just help clean, sit in my room and draw, Or i’ll just read a book or two. And probably eat and go to sleep.  



In my opinion I think a lot of young people are addicted to devices and technology because there normally alway on them, But then there are some young people that are outside playing sports and having fun with there friends and family. So I really can’t say that all young people are addicted because not everyone is. There are still a lot of people who are enjoying their time outside and still a lot of people who are on their devices a lot as well. So I think that I shouldn’t assume we young people do because not all of us young people are addicted and you shouldn’t assume either. 



If I were to going to Tihoi I think one of the positive things about it will being going somewhere new, And learning more about a curtain places or country. But one negative thing about going to Tihoi is that don’t know anything about the place. I don’t know the story about it or if it is a dangerous and if it is truly safe for me to visit. It will be great to go visiting, But I still don’t know if I will be safe there. Safety always comes first. I know I may be worrying to much but I still don’t know anything about Tihoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment